Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Saturday, September 9, 2017

No confidence in unsound teaching

“They are Arminians to a man; they deny the absolute sovereignty of God, his eternal choice of an elect people, and that Christ bore their sins only. They deny the total depravity of man, for they insist that he possesses a free will and can accept Christ and be saved by a decision of his own; thus directly repudiating God’s word, as found in John 1:13; 6;44; 8:36; Rom 9:16, and other passages. And where any teacher or preacher is unsound on these basic truths, no confidence must be placed on him on any other subject. If he is all wrong at the foundations, his superstructure is bound to be faulty.”

From A.W. Pink, originally posted at http://surphside.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

This is so true. It is so refreshing to find a dignified preacher dressed in a suit preaching straight from the Bible with proper interpretation. No tight jeans, no leather jacket, no props, no movie clips, no stiff straight up hair, no entertaining stories, no such garbage - just a pulpit and a Bible. How I long for the day when Christ's righteousness rules. Living in this world is like living in an insane asylum, all under the influence of God's strong delusion.

lyn said...

"Living in this world is like living in an insane asylum, all under the influence of God's strong delusion". I agree, it's everything I can do to get out of bed each day and face another day of madness. If we keep our minds on this life, how miserable we would be! But, we know this will all very soon be over - praise be to God!

Sheryl said...

People keep trying to silence us with cunning attacks - don't like our "tone," "insulting," "mean" or whatever else - when what they really object to is our weaponry, the sword of the Spirit. It is too powerful and sharp for their consumption. They prefer hearts, smiley faces and flower icons decorating the margins so it can just be a love fest, fitting their worldly definition of "love." They don't recognize the battle of spiritual warfare we're engaged in, outfitted in the full armour of God. Their fiery darts of "can't we all just get along" hit the shield of faith and fall to the ground, along with all the others. You are outfitted appropriately for the battle and in God's strength you will not faint, until Jesus Himself intervenes. THEN arrogant, mocking knees will bow! We will witness it. What a glorious day that will be!

Although I have had my fill of the nonsense, I sometimes counter those absurd attacks, sometimes with sarcasm, for the sake of readers. I want readers to recognize that they are in danger of being manipulated and confused with false doctrine, craftiness and cunning tactics. And we know the source of that.

I'm fairly new to the BR website, so please tell me if I'm wrong, but I have a suspicion. Is this Maggie character a real person, another personality perhaps or a made up person, do you know? I noticed that when - you know who - gets counterattacked, then suddenly he and Maggie immediately start "conversing" over the mean-spiritedness - or whatever the accusation. I don't actually read their "conversation" - a waste of my time - but I get the jest from the first few words posted on the "Comments" section. And it sometimes seems to be a setup. Maggie makes a comment in a supposedly serious "softer" tone, then when that comment is seriously responded to - you know who - jumps on some word or phrase used to attempt to shatter and make pointless the response. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but these have been my observations.

God bless you as we await the Lord's return, Who will consume this world and all its vile works with fire. Peace at last!

lyn said...

Sheryl,


I think your 'assessment' of the comments at BR are spot on. It seems 'Q' attempts to instigate a meaningless debate. He tries to keep it going with stupidity; Maggie and Q both seem to be a 'tag team' if you will. Are they one in the same? Could very well be, it has happened before.
I did send an e-mail to Amy at BR making that very point. If someone cannot present their view using God's word alone, then why are they allowed to comment? They would never be allowed to comment here for that very reason. The continual labeling of God's doctrines of grace as 'calvinism' is wearing thin. That is why I asked who wrote the verses I gave, and Q took the bait and proved my point.


God bless you as well dear sister, it won't be long...