Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Sunday, September 3, 2017

A trophy of redeeming love


What Blood Was That!
Very specially has my Beloved been to me today—as the suffering LORD of glory. Oh! What blood was that---what rich, rich drops flowed for vile, unworthy me! Oh! What condescension! What unutterable love! My soul wonders and adores! “He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied.” And His spouse shall see somewhat of His soul-travail for her, and be satisfied with His love and favor.

That YOU, Immaculate Lamb, should be bruised and wounded for my sake---is overwhelming indeed! I long to fall at YOUR dear feet, and confess myself a trophy of redeeming love----a miracle of YOUR saving grace and cleansing blood!

Ruth Bryan

1 comment:

Darrel said...

The fruit of some dear saint walking with God speaks and feeds today!