Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Have you made provision for death?



A friend of my sister recently passed away; a couple of days before she died her brother had gone to see her. He said she raised up in bed, was screaming and flinging her arms wildly. This is what the unrepentant sinner does when they are about to step into a Christ-less eternity. This woman died without Christ, she was never born again by God.  Right before my dad died, he did the exact same thing, he too was an unbeliever.
 Now they drug those who are nearing the end with morphine, so no one really sees the horrors of death without Christ. The family assumes their departed loved one 'died peacefully', when, in fact, they were drugged. I think even though the body is immobile due to the drugs, the mind surely must be screaming silently as they near their time of departure. Death for the unbeliever is horrifying.

No comments: