Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Assurance

 Are you sure you are among the chosen few 
Who enter glory when life on earth is through?
 It is not enough to say “the sinner's prayer” 
Or assent to the gospel when it is shared. 
Your life will be changed and your heart made anew
 If the Holy Spirit is indwelling you.
 From each and every sin you will turn away 
And seek to obey whate'er the Scriptures say.
 Your motive t'wards others will be to show love, 
Your affections will be set on things above, 
Your supreme desire will be to do God's will, 
And though you lose all for Him, you'll serve Him still. 
While these changes cannot save you from your sin, 
They provide assurance you've been born again. 

from eternallifeministries.org

No comments: