Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Friday, December 23, 2016

Our days are numbered

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." Number our days how? Reflecting on all of them as the Lord gives them and recognizing that  every day that he gives us it is from his hand and it is for his glory and yet our breath is lent to us just like everything we have is lent. We don't own anything. People talk about owning property, owning oil wells and everything else going on. They don't own a thing. If they owned them, they'd take them with them when they went but it's like a borrowed library book. You're going to give it back one day. It's not yours. It's borrowed. Such is our lives and the Lord teach us to number our days. - http://media.sermonaudio.com/mediapdf/1221101013401.pdf

No comments: