Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Friday, July 15, 2016

The epitaph of the American "church"

I DON'T CARE.........

Who I associate with as long as I am praised...
What I believe and teach as long as people like me...
Who I hide behind, as long as I am held in high regard...
Who I praise, as long as I am seen as a leader...
Which heresy I endorse, as long as the truth does not come out...
Whose heresy I ignore, just take my word for it, it's ok...
How wrong you may prove me to be, just don't tell anyone else...
Who I have to run over to keep my standing intact...
What lies I must tell in order to keep the status-quo...
Who I have to shun and ignore in public, all because they asked a pesky question of me...
How many lies I must tell in order to get my way...
What I have to do to get rid of trouble makers...
What sin I must overlook in order to keep the unity...
How I must change the Word of God in order for people to see things my way...
Who points out my errors, it's full steam ahead...
How much hate I can show to those that dare oppose me...
How much flattery I must employ to get my way...
How many heretics I must quote to make a point...
What manner of threats I must resort to in order to turn someone my way...
What lies I must tell to get my opponent's friends to ignore him...
What lengths I must go to in order to keep my standing with my peers...
How stealthy I must become to further my agenda...
Whether anyone is saved from their sins, as long as attendance is up and the money rolls in...
That I am too ignorant to know when the preacher tells lies and insults the Lord Jesus...
That I have no interest in reading the Bible...
That holiness is required of me, just so long as I don't go to hell...
To take up my cross daily, because I enjoy my sins too much to lay them aside...
What the preacher says, as long as I go to lunch feeling good about myself...
So don't bother me with the truth...

This list could go on ad-infinitum. Yet God, in His infinite mercy and love for His own, will extract His beloved ones from this cesspool that is called "church" today. Keep watching, my friends, He is coming!!!

No comments: