Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

I was foolish and ignorant

(Thomas Guthrie, 1803-1873)

Sin is the greatest folly--and the sinner the greatest fool in the world! There is no such madness, even in the most degraded lunacy. 

Think of a man risking eternity and his everlasting happiness--on the uncertain chance of surviving another year! 

Think of a man purchasing a momentary pleasure--at the cost of endless pain! 

Think of a dying man living--as if he were never to die! 

Every Christian looks back upon his unconverted state, and says with Asaph, "I was foolish and ignorant; I was a brute beast before You!" Psalm 73:22 

No comments: