Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Friday, January 8, 2016

You have been kept

 Those ships that have been in long voyages at sea, and have gone through hot climates and cold, and have run through many a difficulty and great storm, and yet have been "kept alive," as they say – when they meet one another, how many greetings pass between them? And old disciples should do likewise, because God has kept grace alive in their souls. I would ask you, how many ships have you seen cast away before your eyes? How many that have made "Shipwreck of faith and a good conscience," as the apostle speaks? This and that profession that has run into this and that error damnable, or false opinions and teaching; others that have struck upon quicksands of worldly preferments, and may split upon rocks, and yet, you have been kept. This should move you to bless this your God, the God of all grace. 

 Thomas Goodwin

No comments: