Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Friday, January 22, 2016

A warning to ministers

(J. R. Anderson, "A Warning to Ministers" 1851)

At the end of the seven days, the Lord gave me a message.
He said, "Son of man, I have appointed you as a watchman
for Israel. Whenever you receive a message from Me, pass
it on to the people immediately. If I warn the wicked, saying,
'You will surely die,' but you fail to deliver the warning, they
will die in their sins. And I will hold you responsible, demanding
your blood for theirs." Ezekiel 3:16-18

Where are the ministers who will rouse this sleeping generation to . . .
  the solemn realities of the eternal world,
  the shortness of time, and
  the certainties of judgment?

Where are the preachers who are weighed down with . . .
  the interests of immortal souls,
  the difficulties of dealing faithfully with them, and
  the solemn account that is to be rendered for them?

2 comments:

Darrel said...

I wish I could find one, just one.

lyn said...

I pray for God to raise up a man who will stand firm and preach repentance and Christ's atoning sacrifice. I fear we will never find a faithful man of God this side of heaven, for we are living in the time of great apostasy.