Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Thursday, December 31, 2015

A prayer for the New Year

Image result for image of a wooden ship sailing out to sea

Oh LORD,
A long life does not profit me except the days are spent
in Your presence,
In Your service,
for Your glory.

Give me a grace that precedes, follows, guides, sustains,
sanctifies, and aids every hour,
that I may not be one moment apart from You.

May I rely on Your Spirit to
supply every thought,
speak every word,
direct every step,
prosper every work,
build up every ounce of faith.

Give me a desire to
show forth Your praise,
testify of Your love and
advance Your kingdom.

I launch my ship on the unknown waters of this year,
with You, O Father, as my harbor,
You, O Son, at my helm,
You, O Holy Spirit, filling my sails.

Guide me to heaven with
my lamp burning,
my ear open to Your calls,
my heart full of love,
my soul free.

Give me Your grace to sanctify me,
Your comforts to cheer,
Your wisdom to teach,
Your right hand to guide,
Your counsel to instruct,
Your law to judge,
Your presence to stabilize.
May Your fear be my awe,
Your triumphs my joy.


from the 'valley of vision'

No comments: