Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Satan's children hiss

Since I last wrote, I have preached in Abingdon Great
Church, on Christmas evening. I preached the truth, I
trust, to a very crowded congregation, supposed to be
(sitting and standing, who were able to get in) about
5,000 people. I pleased the believers; but very much
displeased the carnally-minded, who were never before
so puzzled and confounded in all their lives! I spoke the
truth faithfully, and so as all could hear; but I had no
idea that the gospel would have given so much offence!
It is the truth that offends and disturbs Satan's
kingdom! The neighboring clergymen, who are in
darkness, say of me, "Away with such a fellow from
the earth; it is not fit that he should live!"

My mind is not moved by the persecution. I believe
if God has a work for me to do, I shall do it, in spite
of the devil and all his children!

Nature is not changed, the gospel is not changed,
and Christ is not changed. What reason is there why
they should not hate the truth now, as much as in the
time of the apostles? I never saw any fruits of my
labors until I roused and disturbed the 'roaring lion'.
When, through the grace of God, I began to disturb
his kingdom, I soon found that his children began
to hiss!

The world and Satan hate believers. The Pharisees
hate me the most. I cut off all their rotten props,
and all their fleshly devotion!

It is not coming near to the truth, it is not the 'mere letter'
of the gospel, that will convert men; but the Holy Spirit.

Make the Word of God your study. Pin your faith to
no man's views! I scarcely read any other book.

Beware of those who want to exalt man in any manner.


William Tiptaft

2 comments:

Darrel said...

Wow! How very timely. Mike Jeshurun has published an article from A W Pink concerning the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. For some time (2 years +/-) I have been increasingly convinced that many (even most) of today's "religious elite" have crossed the line and committed this sin that will never be pardoned. It is evidenced in their total disregard for Scripture, in their fantasy doctrines that they pass off as "truth", and the pure breed hatred for anyone who dares to call them out. The mere thought that they may be wrong on any subject unleashes a very unnatural hatred which is ultimately pointed at the Lord Himself. It is also seen in the way they seek to change the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God to fit whatever the popular mantra of the day may be. In doing so they call into question the infallibility of the Word (it may be changed to accommodate current circumstances) and further insult the Spirit of Grace in a way that smacks of saying that "He didn't know what He was talking about in the first place". Any and all of the above scenarios qualifies as blasphemy of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Yet in their arrogance they can see nothing that they do or did as wrong, muchless unpardonable. But God judges righteous judgment. The 'great falling away' that we are witnessing is made up of the religious elite. When they fall away they are un-recoverable, cannot be saved (they never were) and are reserved to eternal darkness and damnation.

The sad part of this is that many real Christians 'go to church' on Sunday, listen to one of these unsaved hirelings and think that all is well, but it ain't. All they get is another dose of the spiritual roofie they have become addicted to. Inspite of this the Lord still snatches a few from the fire and saves them.

One snatched from the fire.

lyn said...

How true Darrel; i liked the line that stated nature has not changed, the gospel has not changed, and Christ has not changed. Yet, we see horrific twisting of truth and most love to have it so. The 'god' of most is manufactured, a figment of the distorted and depraved mind. Praise the Lord He plucks some out of such darkness!!!!!