Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Saturday, April 5, 2014

an alternative to apostasy

This is taken from a post at Mike Jeshurun's blog, entitled 'the spirit behind John MacArthur's church'...



May be it hasn’t occurred to you yet that the Truth is not loved or cherished by goats, but only sheep! The sheep are those whom Christ came to seek and to save. [Ezk 34:11]. These sheep know His voice and will follow Him. But the goats have no hunger or desire for the Truth. To these goats the Truth is nothing but foolishness and a ‘stumbling block’ and they have no desire for it, neither will they receive it [1Cor 2:14].
The Master called His sheep ‘little-flock’ (Lk 12:32) because compared to the multitudes that throng the nominal churches, they are very small in number. If you are yet a member of one of these huge ‘churches’, it will not be long before the Spirit opens your eyes to the fact that you are sitting amongst goats. That is provided you are one of the Lord’s sheep!
So the conclusion is: either the man in the pulpit (the Pastor) is either feeding sheep or amusing goats. Keep reading to find out which of the two your ‘pastor’ is doing!

Continue reading here...


6 comments:

Susan said...

Read most of the article...I realize these are very terrible times, the preaching that I've heard from Pastor MacArthur are usually dead-on right (except for his stance on pre-trib rapture) so I don't know what topic he was agreeing with that charismatic preacher about when he had already said prior to that that he disagreed with his teachings. I do find that I agree with preachers on some things and then disagree with them on other things. In all of these things I pray for the Lord to help me discern right from wrong, and to always test things said by the scriptures because all of us can be wrong from time to time. I do agree that when a pastor has a megachurch it makes him suspect...and I agree that there are both sheep and goats in many of these like there most definitely is in MacArthur's congregation...these are such perilous times!

lyn said...

I've come to the conclusion it isn't safe to listen to any man. We should check what our pastor preaches with God's word to see if it lines up. When I read this piece, I understood better the serious danger of MacArthur's faulty teaching on the mark - http://iamhis-lyn.blogspot.com/2014/04/john-macarthur-and-his-strange.html.

I also read MacArthur's testimony - he never mentions any repentance, he claims he's always believed, since birth. Even when he mentions his troubles, he never says he repented of his sins.

If you read the link above, read Darrel's comment as well. Darrel has done research on MacArthur as well, JM is not what he presents himself to be.

Susan said...

When I read this piece, I understood better the serious danger of MacArthur's faulty teaching on the mark - http://iamhis-lyn.blogspot.com/2014/04/john-macarthur-and-his-strange.html.

Sorry Lyn, the page is no longer there...? Was there another link or youtube video I can search? This saddens me, I had a few reservations about John MacArthur, mainly his pretrib position but I felt that not to be a topic to divide over...but I wondered about the fact that he has such a huge following...and I agree that we are not to follow any human being, we all have faults so that is a mistake every time. I cannot find a congregation that has it all right, either they go to one extreme or another and put too much faith in man's works every time over God's finished work. Pray, pray, pray, Jesus warned us to watch and to pray.

lyn said...

Susan, try this link - http://ephesians511blog.net/2013/12/01/john-macarthur-partners-with-new-world-order-conceals-vps-rockefeller-foundation-funding/

a servant of Jesus said...

Thank you all for your posts... sorry the previous links don't work... are there any backups somewhere?

lyn said...

It looks like Mike Jeshurun has removed his post. I would suggest maybe contacting him as to why the post was removed.


I was able to recover the original blog post by Mike, go here to read the now deleted post - https://web.archive.org/web/20140208081738/https://michaeljeshurun.wordpress.com/category/mike-jeshuruns-articles/the-spirit-behind-john-macarthurs-church/