Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Friday, March 21, 2014

Salvation from the pleasure of sin

It is here that God begins His actual application of salvation unto His elect. God saves us from the pleasure or love of sin before He delivers us from the penalty or punishment of sin. Necessarily so, for it would be neither an act of holiness nor of righteousness were He to grant full pardon to one who was still a rebel against Him, loving that which He hates. God is a God of order throughout, and nothing ever more evidences the perfections of His works than the orderliness of them. And how does God save His people from the pleasure of sin? The answer is, By imparting to them a nature which hates evil and loves holiness. This takes place when they are born again, so that actual salvation begins with regeneration. Of course it does: where else could it commence? Fallen man can never perceive his desperate need of salvation nor come to Christ for it, till he has been renewed by the Holy Spirit.

continue on here...

2 comments:

Darrel said...

It seems that I've lost count-on how many lost doctrines there are that are not taught in the church today. This gives a fresh perspective on 2Cor. 13:5 and a whole new starting point when speaking to church members that have little to no "testimony".

Thank God for the hatred of sin He implanted in me from the 'get-go'. I didn't understand the 'why' of it, but knew that it was completely new to my heart and head. To this day sin is repugnant to me (especially mine)--may that never subside, but only increase.

lyn said...

Darrel,

I think we can say almost ALL the essential doctrines of the faith are lost!

I too pray that my hatred of my sin will increase; if anyone doesn't feel the same way, they need to examine themselves.