Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Monday, March 3, 2014

Prophetic words of a dictator

I promise you," he boasted to his inner circle, "that if I wish to I could destroy the church in just a few years. It is hollow, it is rotten, and false through and through. One push and the whole structure would collapse."
"We should trap the preachers," he said, "by their notorious greed and self-indulgence. We shall thus be able to settle everything with them in perfect peace and harmony. I shall give them a few years reprieve, why should we quarrel? They will swallow anything in order to keep their material advantage. The parsons will be made to dig their own graves, they will betray their God for us, they will betray anything for the sake of their miserable jobs and incomes."






Adolf Hitler, taken from 'the sin of silence' by Dr. Laurence White

4 comments:

dora said...


A sad but true quote, from one of the mosted hated men of all time.

Basically, most western Christians suppose they have too much to lose.

They have already lost if they have not counted the cost and taken up their cross daily.

I hope, in God's eyes, I am not a hypocrite, or a lover of money. So much so, that it would cost me my salvation.

lyn said...

I pray the same Dora. The love of money has infiltrated many a church, many a pastor, and many a congregant. May Christ be our FIRST love.
Hitler's description of the visible church is still true today, however, God has His remnant. May we NOT bow the knee to Baal.

Darrel said...

Never thought I'd agree with anything Hitler said, but he was more right than most want to believe.
Just found out the next president of the SBC (does anybody really care?) will likely be Ronnie Floyd with endorsement from AL Mohler. Floyd teaches "first-fruits tithing." God's 10% comes off the top to the church, whether the bills are paid, food is purchased, or medical needs met. My expectations of the SBC and it's "leadership" have been met.

May Our Lord help us all to be faithful to Him.

lyn said...

Isn't it telling that an unregenerate has more discernment than most professing Christians?

Well of COURSE Mohler is all for that! These 'leaders' care NOTHING for the things of Christ, they serve mammon. It's past time to separate from most major denominations in this country. If your church is a member of the SBC and does NOT separate, then maybe it's time YOU separated from them! {This is NOT directed at you Darrel}.

Yes brother, may the Lord indeed empower us to be faithful to Him...til the end.