Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Sunday, March 16, 2014

A former lesbian's journey to Christ

I have read stories of professing Christians holding up signs protesting funerals; signs that speak of hate, signs that do NOT represent the God of the Bible. I have read stories of  street evangelists singling out the sin of homosexuality in their open air preaching, being cold and having no compassion for the sinner as they go into their 'attack and defend' mode. I can narrow that down to just one street preacher, Tony Miano. I do not want to include all street preachers in my prior statement, that would not be fair. There are some excellent street preachers, like Dale McAlpine, who actually have a heart for the lost. 



I have posted this video before, and want to share it again; it is on Dr. Rosaria Butterfield. This is a story about God working through two people; one saved, the other still in sin.  Pay careful attention on how she explains how Ken, a Reformed Pastor, approaches her, how he treats her; the gentle, humble way he addresses her and what transpires between these two over a two year period. This looks NOTHING like what I've seen and heard from the extreme radicals that hold up signs or scream thru bullhorns on street corners. In the video, Pastor Ken is presented by Dr. Butterfield as a man who displays the true heart of Jesus Christ as he reaches out, showing comassion, humility, and love; there's a lesson to be learned here for many of us. This Pastor doesn't boast of his humility, he doesn't boast of his laboring for Dr. Butterfield's soul. He is focused on the work the Lord has given him to do and busy about doing it. Do watch and please listen attentively. Dr. Butterfield starts speaking just after the six minute mark.

No comments: