Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The worldly church

There are some, in these apostate days, who think that the church cannot do better than to come down to the world to learn her ways, follow her maxims, and acquire her “culture.” In fact, the notion is that the world is to be conquered by our conformity to it. This is as contrary to Scripture as the light is to the darkness. 

2 comments:

dora said...

One would think Spurgeon was living in our days.

The days grow darker, and the churches conform.

God help us.

lyn said...

you said it dora; I went to the mall for the first time in about a year and felt like I was on another planet. The way people dress, the music that blared from every store, the homosexual couples, etc. I see the deterioration of society and believe the return of our Lord surely is nigh.