Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Saturday, February 8, 2014

The wasting of time in debating

The recent debate between Ham and Nye has stirred much interest and attention; I did NOT bother watching it and here's why. I found this written by a dear brother, Gregory Metcalf. It is perhaps the best argument against debating I've read. Go here to read the article.



4 comments:

Gregg Metcalf said...

Thanks for the link!

lyn said...

Thank you for the well-written piece...to God be the glory!

Susan said...

Hi Lyn,

This is something that I wrestle with, thinking that I can somehow change things by my logic etc, but am coming to rest in the fact that God is the one who will make all things beautiful IN HIS TIME. I still try, and work, and wrestle, and thankfully the Lord is patient with me... and am learning to find "rest" in Him, through trust, through knowing that all that He has said MUST come to pass...so why fight against the truth of that?

...and I enjoy Gregg's posts as well :)

lyn said...

Hi Susan,

It's good to hear from you; I know exactly what you are saying.
I believe many have lost sight of the fact that we must trust in God and His word to work in the heart of man, the Gospel is the only message an unsaved sinner needs to hear. Gregg has done an excellent job of getting us back on track with his post!

I pray you are well sister, and that God will continue to guide us and lead us into the way everlasting.