Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Today's 'Ministry'

The ministry has been very often degraded into a ‘trade’.
They are ‘selected by man’, they are crammed with literature;
they are educated up to a certain point; they are turned out
ready dressed; and persons call them ‘ministers’.
I wish them all God-speed, every one of them; for as
good Joseph Irons used to say, “God be with many of them,
if it be only to make them hold their tongues.”
Man-made ministers are of no use in this world,
and the sooner we get rid of them the better.
C. H. Spurgeon , a  re-post

2 comments:

dora said...

If it was a trade then, what of now?

May God forgive us as we repent of peddling His word.

I'm not a minister, that's not my place.

But it is painful to see men out there using the word of God for ungodly gain.

God help them.

lyn said...

Amen Dora, and it is EVERYWHERE. The conferences, the books, the speaking engagements, etc. It all comes with a price! This is NO longer a WOF/name it claim it issue.There are men who claim to be reformed in their theology that use the word of God as a means of ungodly gain. It is time to forego most of what labels itself as Christian and sit solely at the feet of our Master.