Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

sorceries

'and they repented not of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.' Revelation 9:21


The definition of sorceries is as follows, -"pharmakeia"
1) the use or the administering of drugs
2) poisoning
3) sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it

It is no secret that drugs are the biggest problem in our world, especially prescription drugs. I recently read that "More people are dying in the United States from prescription drugs than from heroin and cocaine combined, a new study says, signaling that pill abuse is not just the leading cause of drug overdose deaths, but that it also requires more oversight and training by both doctors and state health agencies." - from this article.  It would appear women are being affected the most, as per this article.
It is also disturbing to read the fictitious diagnosis given concerning chemical imbalance, for this is a common diagnosis among many people. The article I linked to makes many interesting points.

It's been reported that pharmaceutical companies make 280 Billion dollars a year from prescription drugs...absolutely amazing. I have seen, firsthand, the affects of prescription drug abuse in my own family as well as friends. Everyone seems to need a pill for something; I read this article on anti-depressants because this is the issue with some of my family members. As the world rushes to numb itself, to take off the 'edge' of life, to float into a sort of mindless state, it brought to mind the above text. It is clear that in these end times, sorceries will play a key role in a sort of 'mind control' over people. Sorceries also ties in with witchcraft - drugs and the demonic world go hand in hand.  



Drug abuse does play a key role in end time deception {Revelation 18:23}. I took a look at some commentary on Revelation 9:21, in particular, that of Jamieson Fausset and Brown...
"witchcrafts by means of drugs (so the Greek). One of the fruits of the unrenewed flesh: the sin of the heathen: about to be repeated by apostate Christians in the last days." All you have to do is look around you and see the increase in addiction, and the results.

I live in a small town, population, about 2,000. In the last two months, there have been three deaths associated with heroin overdose. I grew up in the neighborhood in which I live. It used to be a nice area, but now, I have four houses within a two block area that are known for drugs. Two of the three deaths happened in my neighborhood. One of my neighbors was talking with me the other day and she expressed concern for her safety. Her husband has cancer, she stated when he dies she is not staying in this neighborhood; she has lived here all her life. The house next to her has a man and his girlfriend living there, with three young boys...it is a 'drug house'. The woman's mother lived there as well until she died about a year ago; she was murdered by her daughter and the boyfriend. The boyfriend got two years probation, that's it. The murder was drug related, of course. This is a prime example of what America has become...a nation full of sorceries, murders, and immorality.


I posted this because I see the current drug dilemma as a sign of the times, one that should cause us to be much in prayer. I have loved ones who are not saved, neighbors who are not saved. Time is NOT on our side, our prayers must increase in fervency and frequency. Today is all I have.

2 comments:

dora said...

A true enough word.

What makes us think, that somehow,
all those chemicals we use, will improve our health, when, in fact, we reject the God given nutrition that God made for us when He created us?

Mans staggering ego supposes he can do better than God. The result? Ill health and health issues galore.

And the statistics show that.

I can plead guilty to that, I have, more so in the past, used pain killers for back pain. But, I refused to rely on them, and now with more exercise, the pain is diminishing.

Thanks for this, and God bless.

lyn said...

Praise the Lord concerning your back pain Dora. My oldest sister has leg pain, but with prayer, God has given her the strength to endure and He has lessened her pain.
The definition of sorceries as found in Rev.18:23,- 'for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.'-is quite frightening - "poisoning" Drugs poison the mind, leaving irreversible damage in many cases. Prescription drug abuse is a huge, huge problem in America, and now we see why.