Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Are you ready?

by Mike Ratliff
1 “Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3 For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. (Matthew 25:1-4 ESV)
Jesus is coming back soon. If that statement brought a surge of joy into your heart then more than likely, you are actively preparing for His return and are looking forward to it with eagerness. However, there may be some of you who reacted with a sense of dread or foreboding. If that is the case, then I pray that you will pay special attention to the truths from God’s Word we will look at in this post. There may be some of you who reacted to that statement with skepticism or doubt. For you, I pray that God will open your heart to the truth as we study His Word.
continue reading here...

6 comments:

Darrel said...

Great caution should be taken when reading anything from Mr. Ratliff. He hides his a-mill stance, believes that the Church=Israel=the Church, that we are currently in the tribulation, there is no rapture, nor a 1000 year reign of Christ on the earth from the throne of David in Jerusalem. He refuses to discuss this publically, but confessed these things in an e-mail exchange with me in May 2013 which I will forward to you if you wish.
Eph. 5:11

mimstersmind said...

Mike Ratliff is a scripturally solid guy, sis. He has never said any of those things nor alluded to them, And I would challenge Darrel to post his references in context. As in...post where he has done that. Be wary of email posts that can be cut and pasted to say just about anything. And without actual proof (of which in years I have seen nothing to indicate the veracity of), all that amounts to is slander and hearsay, and that is what is not scriptural here, now.

That said...how can I subscribe to your blog via email? I love your posts so much. <3

mimstersmind said...

Actually, Lyn, in years of reading his posts I have never seen a thing that even hints at that. I would press Darrel to post his references, and to also be wary of email relays as one can cut and paste to make them say just about anything. As it stands, with no viable proof, nor any posts from Mike that even indicate what Darrel claims, it is troubling to see unsubstantiated slander and reputation sullying from one who does it claiming the as of now innocent man is somehow unbiblical. Darrel's comment publically with no proof to back it up is unbiblical and pretty ugly to be honest.

That said...how can I subscribe to your posts via email? I love them and how you stand for the truth of the word of God and for honring the Lord Jesus Christ in them. Loveya sis (AbbasGirlMe)

lyn said...

Hi AGM!

I trust Mike's teachings, he is sound. He does adhere to the a-mil view though, and I do disagree with him on that. I assume Darrel has attempted to discuss this with him via e-mail, and Mike refuses to do so. That is an issue between them, and not me. I don't like posting anything that promotes the a-mil view, but I will post Mike's teachings concerning other biblical issues.

I have provided a way for you to follow me by e-mail, just look off to the right of the blog, right at the top of the page!

Love you too dear sister, and thank you as always for your love and fellowship. May our Lord graciously bless you this day.

Darrel said...

@mimstermind
Ask him yourself through the "contact" form on his blog just like I did

lyn said...

Darrel and AGM,

I do not blame Mike for not wanting to address his end-time view, that argument has led to many an unnecessary separation of brethren. I do love Mike as a brother, and agree to disagree with his a-mill view. He doesn't insist upon his view being the only view, and he does not think it necessary to debate. I agree with that idea wholeheartedly.