Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sin...a little thing?

5 comments:

Darrel said...

It is sad to see the state of the church today, so full of herself, so strong in her own eyes, so confident that she pleases her Lord. Excuses are made for her ungodly actions, sin is not really sin because of Christian "liberty", and secret haughtiness rules the mind and mouth. Brokenness is for the other guy, taking up the cross daily is no longer her responsibility. Prayers full of lust for things we do not need or should not have are offered in the Name of Jesus as if our new found spiritual superiority will somehow oblige God to grant our demands.

It gives me no pleasure to write these things as I find myself on every line. May the Lord grant repentance and a return to our "First Love." May sin once again be repugnant to the child of God and may the Lord find faith on the earth when He returns.

lyn said...

I must agree with you Darrel, in every word. It's amazing what you said, this past Sunday I attended church with my family and the message was on the church of Laodicea, with a loving rebuke for God's people to see their desperate need for their Master. There was a plea from the Pastor for us to desire Christ alone, and not anything of or from the world. This was dear to my heart, for this is exactly what the Lord is doing in my life.
I join you in prayer brother, may our Lord grant repentance and restoration for His bride. May we return to our first Love, may our passion, fervor and zeal for Him be like nothing we've ever known.

Diane said...

Thanks for posting that video Laurie. Amen to all you wrote.

Susan said...

Thanks Lyn, will repost this on Facebook and also my blog

lyn said...

sounds like a good idea Susan!