Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Christian humility

In this age of 'celebrity pastors/evangelists/preachers', this message from Jim McClarty is MUCH needed and should suck the air out of the inflated egos of many, whether you be a pastor or otherwise.
We need to get back to the word of God, and obey it! Enough already with men who continually promote their books, their personal appearances, their teaching series, etc. It is NOT about us! Oh if we could grab hold of John the Baptist's words,  "He must increase, but I must decrease."...







No comments: