Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jim McClarty on Amillennialism

2 comments:

Jehovah Mekoddishkem said...

Excellent lyn~

I just love Jim McClarty because he is so astute with the word of God. He doesn't add to it but always lets the word of God speak for itself the truth.
Amillennialism is false and that is the nail in the coffin.

I've never felt right about allegorizing everything because it always approaches God's word with a fool-heartedness about it and not seriously and literally. Yes there's symbolic language and poetry or other genres and that's to be taken into account when interpreting the Bible.

There are many who are amellennial that I love to still listen to such as R.C Sproul. However when it comes to his view of dispensation, he's way off.

My brother Steven used to be premillenial and then he went off to college and came back amellinial. I have to just keep my beliefs to myself or we will fuss and well, it's a secondary issue

Thanks lyn

lyn said...

I agree with you sister, I too love to listen to several who hold to the amil view, but do not listen to their teaching concerning it. I respect whatever eschatological view one may hold to, but I refuse to debate them. We will all know very soon who was right and who was wrong...