Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mortifying Ungodly Emotions

I listened to this and I could not agree more with Brian Borgman. If you suffer from depression, or know someone who does, pay close attention to this sermon...

4 comments:

Jehovah Mekoddishkem said...

Wonderful sermon on depression. One thing that's so sad is, many Christians don't think that Christians are ever supposed to be depressed or get depressed. That's very unrealistic.

I've been in deep depression before as a Christian. One thing I've always found is when things around me are hopeless I ALWAYS HAVE HOPE IN JESUS-

One thing he has said that is SO very true is THEN when you begin to serve others and getting outside of yourself serving others,and focusing on others then you turn outward ---I've done that BEFORE I even knew this was spoken of in-Isaiah 58:10 --it works it's true--awesome verses

this has really blessed me and helped me so much Lyn, hugs to you sister in the Lord Jesus

lyn said...

Bless you dear sister, praise God you have been helped by this message!

Lyn

Christina said...

Lyn,

I haven't listened yet but thank you for posting -- and also the one below. I love Steve Lawson! We actually went to a conference in February (True Church in Alabama) where he spoke. At any rate, have you read "Spritiual Depression" by Martyn Lloyd Jones. It's a must read...

lyn said...

No Christina, I have not. I hope to in the future, I have a couple of books I have either started on or getting ready to. I need to put more effort into time spent reading!
Thank you for the suggestion.