Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Loving Christ



1. If we love a person, we like to think about him.
We do not need to be reminded of him. We do not forget his name or his appearance or his character or his opinions or his tastes or his position or his occupation. He comes up before our mind’s eye many a time in the day.

Continue reading here...Link

4 comments:

Committed Christian said...

I was greatly blessed by that post thank for you for sharing it!

lyn said...

J. C. Ryle is one of my favorites, praise be to God for his teachings and writings.

Bless you CC

Jehovah Mekoddishkem said...

"The true Christian delights to hear something about his Master. He likes those sermons best which are full of Christ. He enjoys that society most in which people talk of the things which are Christ’s."

love it because it's so true. It's all about Jesus Christ as to why we love His word-the truth and as to why we love holiness in our lives and desire to be obedient.

I had one guy at work who said he was a Christian and he was always talking about the AA and how people don't need to be told directly about Jesus Christ because they need to ever so gradually be encouraged towards God and a higher belief before they can believe in Jesus.

That was mighty suspicious and didn't set well with me at all.
Later one day he was talking and on in the convo he said the one thing he did NOT like about the current church he was going to was when people talked about Jesus all the time or went up to him and made a comment about their affections of him.

that definately didn't set well with me and I told him later that I was very concerned with him not liking people talk about Jesus because that's what Christianity is all about is having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
I told him my short version testimony and how I was blown away with finding out what Christianity is really all about` having a personal intimate loving passionate relationship with Jesus Christ and loving His word

You know what he said to me. Well that was "your experience". Yes I have a personal experience that you don't have and yours is different. However the common theme in all Genuine Conversions is their love for Jesus Christ and his word.

Thank you for sharing such a pertinent message

Love you in Christ sis

lyn said...

Your co-worker has created a 'god' of his own understanding, he is not born again. There is no such thing as experience, salvation is not basef on experience, it is based on believing in and trusting solely in the finished work of the Lord Jesus. Praying God will save your co-worker...