Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Mother's Prayer

A precious sister in Christ sent this. As I read it, I was moved to tears. This prayer should be made for all children, and grandchildren as well...


I ask not for
riches for my little boy;
His poverty –
this is my plea;
That poor in
his spirit he’d cry out to You;
From all
trust in self he would flee.

I ask not
that happiness fills all his days,
But fear of
his Holy God grows;
That mourning
both sin and contempt for Your Name,
Your comfort
in Christ he would know.

I ask not
that he’d do all he wants to achieve,
But instead
would submit to Your will;
And as he
learns meekness, You’d teach him Your ways,
In awe of You
he would “Be still”.

I ask not
that he’d be satisfied with his lot,
But a hunger
and thirst he would feel,
And for
righteousness’ sake a slave he would be,
Your Spirit
in him as Your seal.

I ask not for
accolades in his career,
But mercy to
others he’d show;
Keen to
forgive those who’ve wronged him at all,
His own sins
once scarlet - now snow.

I ask not
that he’d win the acclaim of his friends,
But Your face
alone he would seek;
His
conscience now cleansed by the blood of the Lamb
Your truth
from his heart he would speak.

I ask not
that his life from trouble be free,
But his work
be the gospel of peace,
And that deep
in his heart his sonship he’d know
So that fear
and worry can cease.

O Lord, now
I’m trembling - please come, strengthen me,
Voice
faltering as I intercede;
Should he be
persecuted because of his faith
I pray that
Your grace meets our need.


(based on
Matthew 5:3-10)

3 comments:

myinnuendo99 said...

That is definitely this mother's prayer. Not necessarily word for word but the concept is the same.I've prayed with tears crying out to the Lord for my Son with a heart that wrenches out for him to know Jesus more than anything.

Wonderful writing this sister sent to you and it sounds like she too has a heart for the Lord.

Praise the Lord

lyn said...

Linda, this was originally posted here... http://waitingforourblessedhope.blogspot.com/

myinnuendo99 said...

Yes, I pray those strange prayers that the world would think was quite backwards. Lord I don't care if he's successful in this world(system) I only pray he's successful in his relationship with YOU.
Thanks for the blogspot where you got this precious writing.

May God fill you with the Joys of HIM today

Psalm 16:11 “You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."