Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Saturday, October 29, 2011

God's Anvil

This was brought to my attention by a dear sister in Christ, this is such a blessing....





The Anvil of God's Word
- (John Clifford)

"Last eve I paused beside the blacksmith's door,
And I heard the anvil ring the vesper chime;
Then looking in, I saw upon the floor,
Old hammers worn with beating years of time.
How many anvils have you had, said I,
To wear and batter all these hammers so?
Just one, said he and then with twinkling eye,
The anvil wears the hammers out, you know.
And so, I thought, The Anvil of God's Word,
For ages skeptic blows have beat upon, Yet,
through the noise of falling blows was heard
The Anvil is unchanged, the hammers gone."

2 comments:

myinnuendo99 said...

His WORD saved us sis. Faith really does come from hearing and hearing by the word of God".

I love what someone said.. sorry I copy things sometimes and don't get the author

"The Word of God as someone has well put it , becomes 'all-sufficient and all-powerful in our life--the mirror to reveal-James 1; the water to cleanse Eph. 5; the milk to nourish 1 Peter 2; the strong meat to invigorate Heb.5; the honey to delight Ps. 119; the fire to warm Jer. 23; the hammer to break and fasten Jer. 23; the sword to fight Eph. 6; the seed to grow Mat. 13; the lamp to guide Ps. 119; the statue-book to legislate Ps. 119; tand the gold to treasure in time and for eternity. Ps.19."

lyn said...

Amen and amen dear sister, thank you for sharing.