Precious Jesus

"Afresh, precious, precious Jesus, I resign this body to You, for doing or suffering, for living or dying. Will You accept it? Will You use me for Your glory more than heretofore, that You may have some little return for all the benefits You have done to me? Oh, do grant this request; my heart longs for it, my spirit pleads for it; and "if You will, You can." You know the hot temptation of which I am the subject. Bring Your glory out of it, and keep me from the evil, and it shall be well." - Ruth Bryan

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A.A. exposed...





I attended a couple of A.A. meetings in the past at the invitation of an alcoholic who professed Christ. It wasn't too long into the meeting that I began to feel uncomfortable. This generic 'god of your understanding' they profess stirred anger within. After the meeting, I tried to explain to this woman who invited me how broad and universal this 'god' was; certainly not the God of the Bible. That was a few years ago...sadly, this woman is battling multiple addictions; she's rejected Christ and lives in bondage to homosexuality.
I received the link to this article from John Lanagan that really 'hits the nail on the head' when it comes to exposing A.A. I encourage you to read and share...


C.S. Lewis warned against A.A. cofounders' spiritualism

by John Lanagan


…holding to a form of godliness although they have denied its power; avoid such men as these. (2 Timothy 3:5)

Increasingly, we see a false repentance to a false god. It is like watching the pieces of an unholy puzzle being assembled. The goddess worship of The Shack, Emergence/homosexuality (homospirituality), contemplative practices, and the 12 Steps are all joining together as the rudimentary “roots” of something even bigger. While it may also have Rome, this coming system will have neither the Biblical Christ nor His followers.

Many have difficulty recognizing Alcoholics Anonymous’ 12 Step spirituality as anti-Biblical, much less as a rudimentary cog in this rising apostasy. Why? Sadly, with time and familiarity, even a wolf can masquerade as the family dog.

The 12 Steps are an integral part of our culture. For years Christians have participated in A.A. and “Christ-centered” 12 Step groups. This participation is increasing, as pastors ignore Scripture and allow A.A. meetings to be conducted in the very House of God.


continue reading here....

No comments: